Monday, June 10, 2013

Baby Food - Apple and Carrot Porridge


My babies are fed with savory meat and veggies porridge on weekdays. My 22M girl prefers rice noodle soup than savory porridge. Cooking up a meal for 2 babies pose new challenges, as both have different preference in taste. I was thinking of something else to feed them over the weekend to simulate their taste buds. With the available ingredients, I make a twist to cook up a sweet porridge instead of savory porridge. My girl didn't seem like it, but she still finished up her portion. As for my 11M boy, I fed him the puréed version. Seems like he can accept the taste.

Baby Food - Apple and Carrot Porridge
Serving: 2

Ingredients:
half of a corn, chopped into 2 pieces
5 red dates, rinsed and pitted
2 red apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 pieces each
3 ½ tbsp of rice, rinsed half of a carrot, peeled and cut into bite-sized
500ml of hot water

Steps:
1. Add rice, red dates, corn and hot water into slow cooker. Cook for 1 hour.
2. Add carrot and apple. Cook until you get the desired porridge texture.
3. Discard the corn and red dates.
4. Leave the porridge cool down a bit.
5. Mash the apple and carrot and serve together with the porridge.

3 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Very healthy and filling porridge.

My Little Space said...

Oh wow...you already a mother of two! Congrats. Guess, life is getting busier ever. Honestly, this is the best time to enjoy the moment with your own kids. You will miss this when the kids grow older later on.
Blessings,
Kristy

New Kid on the Blog said...

Good to see you back here!! I know being a working mother of two and also maintaining a blog is not easy. But I believe you can make it. :)

Keep it up pal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails